Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness is a service office for the University community. It is our mission to support strategic planning activities and continuous quality improvement at the institution.
Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness is a service office for the University community; primarily the executive leadership team. It is our mission to support strategic planning activities and continuous quality improvement at the institution. We accomplish our mission by:
- Collecting, maintaining, and preserving institutional data
- Providing data analysis to inform executive decision-making and strategic planning initiatives
- Engaging in systematic, continuous, and integrated research activities related to student/applicant, finance, and human resources data
- Ensuring validity and reliability of the data and research methodologies utilized
- Responding to federal and state mandated reporting requirements as well as requests from other external agencies as appropriate
- Serving as the official reporting office for the institution
- Facilitating program review and institutional assessment activities
- Supporting regional and professional accreditation activities
- Providing expertise in research methods and other higher education issues
UNIT RECORD DATA SHARING GUIDELINES
As implied by the mission statement and the activities listed above, IRP&E has access to a wide variety of data elements from multiple systems of record. The data are considered an institutional asset and as such are provided to faculty/staff with a legitimate need in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice of the Association for Institutional Research, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Colorado State University Administrative Data Governance Policy.
Most data are available in aggregate form (much of it online) and may be provided at the unit record level to faculty/staff in specific circumstances. To request a unit record data file, please contact IRP&E. Such requests will be reviewed by IRP&E on a case by case basis.
- Unit record data will not be released to a student and will not, with very rare exceptions, be provided for student research/assessment projects (thesis, dissertation etc.).
- Unit record data, including email addresses and other directory information, will not be released for use in recruiting human subjects for research/assessment protocols except in very rare circumstances.
- Email lists (random sample or subpopulation) may be provided to support research/assessment protocols but complete distribution lists are only accessible through the Office of the President.
- Proof of IRB approval is required before unit record data will be provided for use in research/assessment projects that are expected to result in publication/presentation. Unit record data will only be provided for IRB research projects that demonstrate direct impact for the success and improvement of the CSU community.
Please contact the Associate Provost for Planning and Effectiveness, Dr. Laura Jensen, with questions.