Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness is a service office for the University community. It is our mission to support strategic planning activities and continuous quality improvement at the institution.
Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness is a service office for the University community; primarily the executive leadership team. It is our mission to support strategic planning activities and continuous quality improvement at the institution. We accomplish our mission by:
- Collecting, maintaining, and preserving institutional data
- Providing data analysis to inform executive decision-making and strategic planning initiatives
- Engaging in systematic, continuous, and integrated research activities related to student/applicant, finance, and human resources data
- Ensuring validity and reliability of the data and research methodologies utilized
- Responding to federal and state mandated reporting requirements as well as requests from other external agencies as appropriate
- Serving as the official reporting office for the institution
- Facilitating program review and institutional assessment activities
- Supporting regional and professional accreditation activities
- Providing expertise in research methods and other higher education issues
In 2004, the Office of Budgets and Institutional Analysis (OBIA) became two separate departments:
In 2015, Institutional Research was renamed Institutional Research, Planning and Effectiveness to reflect our leadership role in academic program review and accreditation.