Qualtrics is a web-based survey and data collection tool for creating and conducting online surveys. It can be used to conduct research, departmental surveys, academic surveys, etc. Access is available, at no charge, to all current faculty, staff and students at Colorado State University. The enterprise license is centrally funded and maintained.
Please use the Colorado State's Qualtrics Website, to access the tool. Your current CSU eID and password will be required.
New to Qualtrics, and wondering how to get started? Unsure how to create a mailing list, or how to create a survey or want to improve the layout or function of an existing survey? Check out the Training tab, which covers everything from basic survey design to advanced features.
Attention users of Classic Reports in Qualtrics
Please read this notification from Qualtrics!
Our records indicate that your organization has access to Classic Reports (also referred to as Reporting Beta, Original Reports and Reporting 2.0).
The new and improved Reports experience is now available to all of our customers and offers a number of benefits including: a new simplified user experience, better application performance and increased stability in report generation. You can find out more about the new experience on this support page.
With the general availability of new Reports, we are deprecating Classic Reports from June 30th, 2020.
After June 30th 2020, you will lose access to any reports which were created with Classic Reports, including scheduled emails and public reports. We encourage you to rebuild reports on the new Reports platform and to download a PDF copy of existing reports you wish to keep. We will also be notifying individual users of Classic Reports in your Brand via in-product notifications between now and the deprecation date.
If you have a question about the newest version of Reports, please visit the Support Page for Advanced Reports. It’s also always worth checking the XM Community to see if any other users have had the same question about this change. If you’d rather speak to a specialist, our Support Team is always ready to assist. To contact them, please log into your Support Portal.
The Qualtrics Reporting Team
IRP&E would like to thank Information Technology Services at The University of Iowa for sharing their Qualtrics web content.
Qualtrics Training Resources:
- Survey Basics: Learn about some best practices for survey design.
- Survey Platform Overview: Familiarize yourself with the Qualtrics Survey Platform. Included on this page are links to the following overviews:
- Project Basics Overview: After you login to Qualtrics, you will be presented with the Projects page. Learn how to create new projects, select existing projects, and view your survey related data.
- Survey Basic Overview: The Survey tab is where you can design, build and edit your surveys. Learn about the survey editor, block basics, question & editing basics, and more.
- Actions Basic Overview: The Actions tab reacts to live survey responses with a variety of tasks. Learn how to create and manage actions & tasks here.
- Distributions Overview: The Distributions tab allows you to select a variety of survey distribution channels. Learn about various options for distributing your survey and the stages of response collection here.
- Data & Analysis Overview: The Data & Analysis tab manages and provides some basic analysis of participant responses. Learn about data, text, cross tabs and weighting.
- Reports Overview: The Reports tab visualizes data with graphs, charts etc. to help make insights easier to see and presentations easier to prepare.
Security & Privacy
Qualtrics' Security Statement can be reviewed here.
Qualtrics' Terms of Service (including information pertaining to spam and acceptable use) can be reviewed here.
For additional information or further inquiries pertaining to Qualtrics' policies and practices, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-340-9194.